Thursday, September 8, 2011

Growing and Shrinking

The scan results are in.  The main tumor hasn't really grown much and that's good.  However, some small spots were found on lymph nodes near the lungs.  So the treatment changes and we, in our ways, roll with the punches.  Dr. Smith is confident that this new chemotherapy will get rid of these small spots in a fairly short time.  I hope that's so.  The changed regimen will be a new (to Mark) drug.  It will take 3 hours to infuse and then 48 hours of the pump.  Oh my, back to the pump!  This will be happen weekly.

Am I sad?  Well, yes and no.  I didn't expect good news.  In fact, I thought it would be far worse that it is.  I'm not happy to see him have to go through the new infusion and the pump.  But on we go.  Our world has contracted again.

No comments:

Post a Comment