Thursday, November 24, 2011

Part One

I got through the first part of Thanksgiving, which is my first major holiday without Mark.  David came down and the three of us had fish and chips made by Michael.  I held it together but I know they could hear the tears just behind my voice: Dad made good fish and chips, Dad would do all the cleaning, Dad would know what kind of computer I need to replace this one.  Dad knew how to dispose of cooking oil.  David showed me how to check the air in my tires and of course, Dad always did that, so I didn't have to know how.  But it's easy.  I can do it.  Now I have to put air in them!

And I'm tired!  In addition to a 2.5 mile dog walk, I went to store twice, did innumerable dishes, made a pie, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, and the "chips" for tonight.  Plus some laundry and all the dusting.  tomorrow I shall vacuum, clean the little bathroom, and make sure all laundry is done.  Hopefully, I can squeeze in a dog walk and a shower.  We also have to fetch Auntie Mary which is a major effort.  Then we'll have guests for our turkey and trimmings. I suspect then I will be very sad, despite Auntie Mary telling me, "Us big girls don't cry".  Oh yes we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment