Saturday, January 21, 2012

A Century of Days

Over 100 days ago.  The worst, saddest day of my life.  In this century of days, I am slowly beginning (to learn how to be a different person.  I must be more independent, more willing to take risks, and make my own decisions.  In this time, I've changed my financial framework from us to me; learned how to build a fire in the wood stove, and get through a major storm on my own.  I have endured the month of December: my birthday and Christmas without the one who cared most about me, loved me the most, and made my life a joy. 

What will the next century of days bring to me?  It will be the middle of spring, my yard should be looking as good as I can make it on my own.  I will be truly by myself: Michael will be living in David's apartment while he is out on the Pacific Crest Trail.  In a way, I dread it and in another, I anticipate seeing who will I become.

No comments:

Post a Comment